Monday, July 5, 2010

No bother

Bismillah.

Alhamdulillah wa shukrulillah that He has kept me and mom safe during our recent trip. While going about meeting people, I met one personality who had tested my patience quite a bit. Glad it is behind me, literally 500 km behind me. 

Coming home, I wind down with some bits of writing. Alhamdulillah, am truly grateful for this space - a place though floating in midair, it makes me feel grounded and helps me keep my sanity. InshaAllah. But I must say that I have met some not so nice people on the net too, people whom I've let go, gladly. Alhamdulillah ala kulli hal. Some try to knock on the door again, but sorry my heart is in between His two fingers. Besides, our gurus have advised us to talk less.

Anyway, the night is so serene tonight. While reflecting on life and the multiplicity of its actors, I saw this oh so relevant quote:
"The proof that a man actually possesses intelligence lies in his endurance of the bother and inconvenience caused by his fellow Muslims, conducting himself with kindly moderation with all people..."

"No bother!" - that's how the Scottish would say it. Yes, no bother and we all have the right to remain silent, don't we?

Smile,
-E-



No comments:

Post a Comment