Saturday, June 4, 2016

Keep what is worth keeping | Blow the rest away

Bismillah.

Allah...Allah...I was about to get ready for a weekend getaway and then a dear friend shared this lovely poem that puts a smile on my face. Praise be to Allah for beautiful souls around us.

"Oh, the comfort,
the inexpressible comfort,
of feeling safe with a person,
having neither to weigh thoughts and measure words,
but pouring them all right out,
just as they are, chaff and grain together,
certain that a faithful hand will take and sift them,
keep what is worth keeping,
and with the breath of kindness,
blow the rest away.
-Rex Cole


Please click on image to enlarge.

Yes, keep what is worth keeping and blow the rest away.

Thankfully there is a handful of friends and loyal readers out there who are kind enough to blow the husks and the chaff away from this blog. LOL.

And here is one of my friend, a Mekah resident, who never discriminate me based on my outer appearance nor did she ever judge me on the not-so-nice phases of my life. I hope she is quietly making a prayer for me as do another three friends who are right now in the Haramain performing umrah. May Allah make it easy for them and grant them boundless bounties. Ameen.


May Allah count our meetings as two friends
who meet and part for the sake of Allah.
Ameen.


No comments:

Post a Comment