Saturday, January 13, 2018

Fight a meaningful fight

Bismillah.

Happy weekend folks.

After a challenging Pilates session today, somehow [LOL] I came to this realization. 
It's a joy knowing I will be fighting a meaningful war. The rest, other side stories seem like meaningless battles which I am not interested in.

I'm sure you'd agree with me that it's important to know one's priorities, to focus on it and not be distracted by other side shows/incidentals, the unimportant distractors. But you must first know what is the main war that you want to fight in, war, not battle, the one that deserves all your time, effort and attention. Once you have established this, then everything else (the non-priorities) become insignificant so you put them in their place. 

I found this revelation - of truly knowing what my 'war' is - so liberating. Alhamdulillah. This is like truly knowing which is obligatory and which is necessary - the fard and the sunnah, and prioritizing the obligatory.

I saw this relevant tweet by Shaykh Abdul Raheem.
Hassan Basri rahimullah says: "Your having dinner with your mother while she feels happy with you on her side, eating with her, is much more beloved to me than your performing a voluntary Haj."
[Birrul Walidian by Ibn Jauzi]

There are people who busy themselves doing so-called community work in the name of Islam, yet while they are busy at it, they let their daughters go dating with non-muhrim etc. This is just an example of our tendency in getting our priorities messed up.

Anyway, I am grateful to have defined the war in which I want to fight. It's going to last for two years or so bi-iznillah. I am all geared up. Indirectly, what I am saying is, I will be busy and might not have daily postings for this space.

I wish you all the best in your chosen war. 
I know people say, sometimes we have to lose the battle to win the war. But if you knew exactly the war you are entering, then you would have better chances of winning the battles along the way cos you are already fixated on the real bigger deal. You are like a lion who doesn't concern himself with the opinions of a sheep.

So keep fighting and become a champion in a war that matters.




No comments:

Post a Comment