Thursday, April 26, 2018

Only take what you need

Bismillah.

Alhamdulillah wa shukrulillah for having had a wonderful experience exploring Lake Chini, the second biggest lake in Peninsula Malaysia.

One important takeaway for me - a lesson from the Orang Asli (aboriginal inhabitants of the area) - that we should only take what we need. I think nature has taught them this, as they hunt/seek food they would only take just enough supplies and leave the rest for the others. Likewise, when clothes were presented to them, they only chose what was needed. 

In the last photo that appeared in the clippings below, I was reminded of my childhood, how my worldview was limited, how lacking in exposure. However, we, many of us, when we were at their age, we were somewhat richer in terms of opportunities and possibilities. Thus, we should be grateful, be more grateful that Allah has destined for us all that He has destined for us. And let's do our bit in spreading cheer and more importantly, hope for a brighter future. 






[E.I's Travelogue for future reference]




No comments:

Post a Comment