We learned this last year that 9th Muharram is known as Tashu'a Day, the day before the big day - A'shura Day (10th Muharram) - which was a day of celebration historically, in conjunction with Prophet Musa's victory over Fir'aun.
Let's remind ourselves of the virtues of these auspicious days from excerpts in Al-Futtuhat Al-Haqqaniyah by Shaykh Adnan Kabbani as translated by Bro. Abdul Shakur.
- The Prophet said, "Whoever fasts the 'Ashura (10th Muharram), Allah will write for him 1000 wishes and 1000 years of age, and will grant him the reward of 1000 martyrs and will write for him the reward of Ismail a.s., and writes for him 70 palaces in paradise, and makes his flesh forbidden from the hellfire."
- In another Hadith the Prophet s.a.w. said, "Whoever fasts the 'Ashura, he will be granted the reward of 1000 angels. And whoever recites Qul Huwa Allahu Ahad 1000 times on the day of 'Ashura, Allah will glance at him with the Eyes of Mercy, and will write him from amongst the Siddiqqin [The Truthful]."
- In another Hadith the Prophet s.a.w. said, "Distinguish yourselves from the Jews by fasting either the day before 'Ashura or the day after it as well."
- Whoever prays 4 sunnah rak'at on the day of 'Ashura, where after the Fatihah in each rak'ah recites Qul Huwa Allahu Ahad 11 times Allah will forgive his sins of fifty years, and will build for him a pulpit from light. And whoever takes the sunnah shower on 'Ashura he will not suffer sickness in that year except the illness of death, and whoever wears the Kuhl on his eyes on 'Ashura he will not suffer sickness on that year.
- Du'a of 'Ashura: Recite:
- Hasbun Allahu wa ni'mal wakil ni'mal Maula wa ni'man Nasir [70x]
- Hasbun Allahu mil-al Mizan wa muntahal 'ilma, wa mablaghal rida, wa zinatul 'arsh, la malja-a wa la manja min Allahi illa ilaihi. Subhan Allahi 'adada-sh- shaf`i wal 'arshi, wa 'adada kalimati Rabbinat taamma! ti kulliha. As-alukas Salamata bi Rahmatika Ya Arham Ar-Rahimin, wa la hawla wala quwwata illa billahil 'Aliyyil 'Azhim. Wa huwa hasbii wa ni'mal wakil, ni'mal Mawla wa ni'man Nasir. Wa Sallallahu 'ala Sayyidina Muhammadin wa 'ala alihi wa sahbihi ajma'in. [7x]
Content Credit: superdervish.blogspot.com/Bro Shamsul
Poster credit: Hamid Iqbal Khan
To purchase his art: http://hamidsart.redbubble.com/sets/155696/works/5758504-hasbun-allaho-wa-nemal-wakil