Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Allah judges all | You judge yourself

Bismillah.

Astaghfirullah, it's my fault. When I heard about a venerable shaykh wanting to speak to me, I was petrified. Oh, did I do something wrong? I am always worried that I might have misrepresented or misquoted the honorable people whom I often mention and quote here; always fearful if I lacked adab in my speech. But you see the fact that I thought I would be judged only proved that I'm the one who is guilty of judging people of being judgemental. Astaghfirullah. At the same time I was hopeful that it would be for a good thing. It's amazing how a shaykh can evoke the feelings of khauf and raja' (fear & hope) in us. But the moment I heard his gentle voice uttering such kind words, my fears dissolved, like rain washing off polluted air.

Alhamdulillah, today is like Eid for us because the honorable Shaykh Habib Yusuf Bakhour al-Hassani has personally conveyed his words of support and du'a. Indeed, this space is our space, we are here together so Alhamdulillah wa shukru lillah.

May Allah preserve Shaykh Habib Yusuf Bakhour al-Hassani. May Allah grant him the best of what He may have reserved for His elite servant. Ameen.

May Allah keep our hearts bonded with the solehin and 'ariffin. May Allah keep nurturing the love we have for the Ahlul Bayt. May Allah open the hearts of those who are yet to recognize the true worth of the noble descendants of Rasulullah s.a.w.

We hereby quote a hadith from 'Al-Arba'in - On the Duty of Loving the Noble Family of the Prophet Muhammad' by Shaykh Muhammad Ibn Jaffar al-Kattani:
At-Tabarani also reported in al-Aswat on the authority of al-Hasan ibn 'Ali as a marfu' that [the Prophet s.a.w said]:
"You must have love for us the Ahl al-Bayt. Indeed someone who meets Allah [on the Day of Judgement] with love for us will enter the Garden by our intercession. By Him in Whose hand is my soul, a slave's actions will not benefit him unless he has real knowledge of our worth."

"I don't judge people. Only Allah can judge. I only judge myself!"
- Shaykh Habib Yusuf Bakhour al-Hassani


No comments:

Post a Comment