Saturday, January 16, 2016

Praise Allah for another morning | One morning out of 23,000 mornings

Bismillah.

Alhamdulillahi hamdan yuwafi ni amahu 
wa yukafi u mazidah

One morning in KL
16.1.16

If we could live up to the age of 80, we will have spent around 23,000 mornings as an adult. That is: 80 years minus 15 [assuming we reach puberty at the age of 15] multiplied with 365 days.

So I have had about 10,000+ mornings as an adult. How many Fajars have I enjoyed or missed? God knows best! What about you?

Below is a beautiful duá shared by one of our learned readers. It's originally in Malay. So here's my feeble attempt at translating it. It's something worth asking the Lord every morning.

***
Allahumma Ya Fattah Ya Basir Ya Wasi'
open the eyes of my heart as wide as possible
and light it up with Your Nur, O Ya Nur
as bright as possible
so I could see
Your care and love
Ya Rahman Ya Rahim Ya Rauf Ya Wadud
for each second of my life
as You guide me to Your Heavens

Ya Aziz Ya Qawi Ya Matin Ya Sabur
fortify my soul, and bathe it
with the waters of Your Patience
so that I am able to preserve in my heart
iman towards You

Ya Hafiz Ya Muhaimin
Protect and shelter me 
from the trappings and tricks
of the shayatin.

Ameen.

***

May Allah grant us the tawfiq to rise and embrace each morning in our lives.
May we have beautiful mornings for the rest of our lives.

Ameen.

No comments:

Post a Comment