Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Ba | Be | Bismillah | By all means, subscribe

Bismillah.

Alhamdulillah anyhow, that, only at this age of mine, have I heard the meaning of ba in Bismillah.

Thanks to technology that I am able to have access to the tafseer lessons given by Shaykh Allie Khalfe of the Islamic Text Institute Cape Town. But it's not just technology, his lessons delivered through Soundcloud are bite-size, concise yet deep. I felt really stupid cos it seemed all the things I heard him elucidate were all new to me, like hello, where have I been?

I cannot emphasise enough how important it is to learn tafseer of the Quran. I know there are many tafseer lessons on offer out there, but I guess you are meant to learn from whomever you are meant to learn, like this saying quoted by Shaykh Allie in the second lesson of Tafseer of Surah Fatihah:





So I learned, that the lam in Alhamdulillah - in the lillah has got nine meanings! MashaAllah.

Unsubscribe from ignorance. Subscribe to the lessons. Subscribe to love for useful knowledge. Make full use of your time. Listen on the go, anywhere, anytime.

Below is a sample lesson on 'Shades of Love'.




"The word Shari'a (Revealed Law) is derived from the root shara'a and lexically means 'water'. The Shari'a, in addition to being the Revealed Law, is the path to the water of Divine Life, a path that flows, is flexible and far from extremism and rigidity."
- Shaykh Muhammad Allie Khalfe


No comments:

Post a Comment