Thursday, March 23, 2017

Do more [good] | Launch good

Bismillah.

Saw this encouraging tweet by @WomenOfHistory: "Do more for the world than it does for you."

I think generally, we are not doing enough. I personally think I am not doing enough. I definitely think I should do more than what the world does to me. There are lots of good stuffs sent by Allah to our doorstep day in day out, but we are not doing enough to give back as a sign of gratitude and appreciation.




I came across a somewhat relevant point. it's a hadith in which a smart woman asked Prophet Muhammad salallah alaihi wasalam why there are more women than men who would end up in Hell. This is a hadith narrated by Muslim. The Prophet's reply: "Because you (women) like to condemn your husband and you are ungrateful for the good things they have done to you."

I think if we have a "do more" mentality, we would be more conscious about reciprocating a lot more instead of expecting more and more as if our wants and wishes are insatiable. If we have a "do more" attitude, we would not be too obsessed about asking for more and just wanting to receive a whole lot more. We won't be too selfish or self-centered.

The world has given me plenty of favors, Alhamdulillah, the least I could do is write something positive and send out a positive vibe. 

Allah has given us a good deen/faith, if we can't do more good, at least refrain from doing more harm.

p/s
Our prayers go out to the innocent victims of the London Westminster tragedy. "Whoever kills an innocent human being, it shall be as if he has killed all mankind..." Quran 5:32   

Support this noble initiative. Donate to support victims and their families:
https://www.launchgood.com/project/muslims_united_for_london#/




No comments:

Post a Comment