Tuesday, March 28, 2017

The way it's meant to be | A well rooted tree

Bismillah.

"We learn from every step we take. Whatever you did today was the way it was meant to be. Be proud of yourself." - says @KeepCalmTweets.

When we look at the past events, when we look back at history, we say that's how it was meant to be. I realize as I get older and more mature, I have become more appreciative of history than when I was young, living a carefree life and taking lots of things for granted.   

Today, it's destined that I spoke [by accident as fated by the Almighty], with one famous historian who wrote one of the history textbooks I studied in school! And he agreed to be interviewed OMG...lucky the first time. Alhamdulillah.

Anyway, it's 11ish, people, I have to be present here for a while, just a quick "touch and go" as I need to go back to reading a very interesting history book. 

"A people without the knowledge of their past history, origin, and culture is like a tree without roots." - Marcus Garvey

Let's be mindful and be appreciative of our roots. Let's be civilized and speak good words for Allah has given a parable for a good word, like a good tree whose root is firmly fixed and whose branches rise up into the sky/heaven. [Quran 14:24]

Current obsession - history.

Wish y'all a pleasant evening as we await the sacred month of Rejab, eagerly.

WaSalamualaikum warahmatullah.




No comments:

Post a Comment