Monday, December 21, 2009

Fajr Du'a practised by Prophet Muhammad s.a.w

Bismillah.

O son, this du'a is by far the most detailed and comprehensive one I have ever come across.

Shaykh Fahmi Zamzam al-Maliki had, upon instruction and guidance from his guru, Abuya (Almarhum as-Sayyid Muhammad bin 'Alawi al-Maliki), compiled it with other pertinent du'a and wirid in a Malay booklet called Bekal Akhirat (Provisions for the Hereafter). There are nine parts/paragraphs in this Du'a al-Fajr which Prophet Muhammad s.a.w used to recite after Solat Sunnat Fajr. But according to Shaykh Fahmi, it may also be recited after Subuh prayers. I shall attempt to write its transliteration for you here but I can only afford to give its partial meanings. May Allah grant you and I the gift of understanding the Arabic language someday. May I be forgiven for any errors in both the transliteration and translation. May Allah grant us the tawfik (strength) to recite this beneficial du'a regularly. Ameen.

Allahumma inni as aluka rahmatan min 'indika tahdii bihaa qolbii
O Allah I beg from Your mercy that You grant guidance to my heart
wa taj ma'u bihaa shamlii
That You unite all that is disunited about my family
watalummu bihaa shaq sii
That You unite all that is disunited about my affairs
wataruddu bihaa ul fatii
That You return the pleasures of obedience (that you have granted me before)
watus lihhu bihaa diini
That You restore my religion
watak dhi bihaa diini
That You help payoff my debts
watah fazu bihaa gho ibii
That You take care of my belongings which I see not
watar fa'u bihaa shahidii
That You elevate my witnessing
watuzakkii bihaa 'amalii
That You purify my deeds
watubay yidhu bihaa wajhii
That You make my face fair (on the Day of Resurrection)
watul himunii bihaa rushdii
That You inspire me with guidance
wataq simunii bihaa min kulli suk
and that You protect me from all evils
Allahumma inni as aluka iimanan kholisan yubaa shiru kolbi
O Allah I seek genuine iman (belief) filled in my heart
wa as aluka yaqiinan sodiqan hatta aqlama annahu lan yusiibanii illa maa katab tahu 'alaiya
and real certainty in knowing that nothing shall befall me save what You have written about me
war ridho bimaa kosamtahu lii
and that I will be pleased with Your choice for me
Allahumma aq tinii iimaanan sodiqan
O Allah grant me true iman
wa yaqiinan laisa baqdahu kufr
and certitude without disbelief thereafter
warahmatan anaalu bihaa sharofa karaamatika fid dunyaa wal aakhirah
and with Your mercy, may I be dignified in this world and in the hereafter
Allahumma inni as alukas sobra 'indal qodho'i
O Allah, grant me patience in accepting Your decree
wal fauza 'indal liqa'i
and make me triumphant at meeting You
wamanaa zilash shuhada'i
and grant me the honors of the syahid (those who died for Your sake)
wa 'aishal su'adaa'i
and a happy life
wan nasro 'alal 'aqdaa'i
and victory over the enemies
wamuraafaqatal anbiya'
and a ranking close to the anbiya' (prophets)
Allahumma innii unzilu bika haajatii wa in dho u'fa rakyi
O Allah, I leave my wish to You
waqal lat hiilatii
as I am weak in my say
waqosura 'amalii
and weak in my actions
waf takor tu ila rahmatika
I only hope for Your mercy
fa as aluka yaa qaadhiyal umuri wayaa shaa fiyas suduuri
O You who give life and expand the chest
kama tujiiru bainal buhhuuri an tujiiranii min 'azaabis sa'iiri
just as You divide the oceans, keep me distant from the torments of the hell
wamin daqwatis subuuri wamin fitnatil qubuuri
and the laments of those who regret and the tortures of the grave
Allahumma maa khosura 'anhu rakyi
wa dho 'ufa 'anhu 'amalii
walam tab luq hu niyyatii au um niyyatii
min qoirin wa 'ad tahu ahadan min 'ibaadika
au khoirin anta muqtiihi ahadan min kholkika
fa inni ar qabu ilaika fiihi
wa as alukahu yaa rabbal 'alamiin

Allah hummaj 'alnaa haadiina muhtadiin
qoira dhollii na walaa mudhilliin
harban li 'aq daa ika
wasilman li awliyaa ika
nuhhibbu bihubbika man ahhabbaka minan naas
wanu'aa dii bi 'adaa watika man kholafaka min qalkika
Allah humma hazad du'aa'u
wa 'alaikal ijabah
wahaazal jahdu wa 'alaikat tuklaa nu
wa inna lillahi wa inna ilai hira ji'un
wala hawla wala quwata illah billah hil 'aliyil azim
yaa zal hablish shadiidi wal amrir rashiid
as alukal amna yaumal wa'iid
wal jannata yaumal quluudi
ma'al muqarrabiin nash shuhuudi
war ruk ka'is sujuudi
al muqiina laka bil 'uhuud
innaka rahiimu waduud
wa anta taf 'alu ma turiid
Subhanallazii ah so kullasyai in bi 'ilmihi
Subhanallazii ta'at tofa bil 'izzi wa kola bihi
Subhanallazii laisal majda watakar roma bihi
Subhanallazii laa yan baghiit tasbiihu illa lahu
Subhana zil fadhli wan na'ami
Subhana zil kudrati wal karam
Subhana zil jalaali wal ikraam
Allahummaj 'al lii nuuran fii qalbii
wa nuuran fii kabrii
wanuuran fii sam'ii
wanuuran fii basorii
wanuuran fii shaq rii
wanuuran fii basharii
wanuuran fii lahmii
wanuuran fii damii
wanuuran fii 'izomii
wanuuran min baini yadaiya
wanuuran min khalfii
wanuuran 'an yamiinii
wanuuran 'an shimaalii
wanuuran min faukii
wanuuran min tahtii
Allahumma zidnii nuuran
wa 'aq thinii nuuran
waj 'al lii nuuran

______________________________
For Arabic script: please click below link:
http://lisanaldin.blogspot.com/2010/06/fajar-dua.html

To listen to audio recording of the du'a  from Habib Umar Khulasah please click below link and choose item no. 5 on 'Athkar before Al-Fajer prayer' [but please take note that the audio recital has a slight variation to the one shared above. Allahu a'lam.]
http://archive.org/details/AudioForTheKhulasahOfAl-habibumarB.Hafiz--AwradAndAhzabOfThe


Bekal Akhirat Publisher:
Pustaka Darussalam, Kompleks Peruda, Jalan Sultan Badlishah, 
Alor Setar, Kedah, Malaysia
Tel: +604 7335724 Fax: +604 7346788
 Price: RM 6.00

7 comments:

  1. Masha Allah! This is exactly what Habib `Umar mentions in his Khulasah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salam,
    Alhamdulillah! Habib Umar is now in KL. Pray I get to attend his majalis InshaAllah. Could you please tell us more about the Khulasah, where was it held? What does Khulasah mean? It gives me great pleasure to learn even one Arabic word a day.
    With thanks,
    Ezza

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please can u tell about any link that has a recitation of this beautiful dua.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Salam,
    I noted your comment and request. Unfortunately, I do not know of any links on the recitation of that precious du'a.
    It was my first time hearing/learning about such a du'a by the Prophet s.a.w. And then someone commented that he had also heard it from Habib Umar. May Allah guide you to what you are looking for. The only thing I could do is scan the Arabic script and email it to you, which I have promised to do to another brother from UK (I think). I will find time to do it InshaAllah. Please kindly send an email.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Salam,

    Bismillah. Pengharapan saya jika E.Ismail dapat emailkan saya du'a tersebut pada saya. Saya tak faham maksudnya tapi amat cantik susunan apabila diucapkan. Masyaallah. Harap tidak menjadi keberatan. Moga perjalana E. Ismail keutara tanah air memperolehi keberkatan drp yang esa. Insya-Allah. Wasallam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Salam chikJoii
    Maaf saya terlepas pandang mesej ni.
    Apakah emelnya? Tapi kalau saya emel pun saya akan 'copy/paste' dari blog ni jugak. Kalau tak silap saya ada letak gambar 'Arabic script' tapi imej tak berapa jelas. Saya cadangkan chikJoii cuba hubungi publisher. InshaAllah.
    E
    p/s Saya minta maaf banyak-banyak atas mana-mana permintaan dari sesiapa jua yg tak mampu saya tunaikan.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alhamdulillah,
    After 2 years since the request for audio recording of this fajar du'a, I have finally found it today!
    The link is as given above, bi-iznillah.

    ReplyDelete