Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Join the righteous and die a Muslim


Bismillah.

O son, I have just discovered this simple munajat of Nabi Yusuf a.s. which I'd like to memorize. Let's do it together.

I know some people are more keen to memorize the other 'popular' verse where Yusuf dreamed 11 stars, the sun and the moon prostrating before him. (Quran 12:4)
But I thought what could be better than to acknowledge Allah as our wali (guardian/helper) now and in the hereafter; to die as a Muslim; and to belong with the solehin, the righteous.


أَنتَ وَلِيِّي فِي ٱلدُّنُيَا وَٱلآخِرَةِ تَوَفَّنِى مُسْلِماً وَأَلْحِقْنِي بِٱلصَّالِحِينَ

Anta Wali fid dunya wal akhirah.
Tawaffani Musliman
Wa'al hiqni bis solehin
You are my guardian in this world and the Hereafter.
Make me die a Muslim
and make me join the righteous.
(Quran 12:101)
The Prophet said, 'Teach your relatives the recitation of Surah Yusuf, for, any Muslim who recites it or teaches it to his family and slaves, Allah shall ease for him the agony of death, and give him the strength that will prevent him from envying a fellow Muslim' - Ibn Asakir

Certainly there is another instance in the Qur'an where a Nabi made du'a so that Allah enjoin him with the righteous. A du'a attributed to Nabi Ibrahim a.s:
Rabbi habli hukman
wa al hiqni bis solehin
O my Lord, bestow wisdom on me
and join me with the righteous
(Quran 26:83)

O son, may we belong with the righteous and die a Muslim.
Ameen Allahumma Ameen.

Pic and hadith credit: Archimz Quran reference: Altafsir.com

No comments:

Post a Comment