Tuesday, March 19, 2013

People person vs Servant-reporter

Bismillah.

One unexpected incident took place last Sunday at Masjid Tuanku Mizan that humbled me a great deal. Subhanallah there are so many sincere and bighearted people out there. I am still feeling shy from the incident actually. 

Some people are really people person. They can recognize and remember people's face just from photos and are able to recognize faces in the middle of a big crowd. MashaAllah. And I am the opposite of that, totally opposite. My good friend N would testify how hopeless I am when it comes to remembering faces and names and matching them together. Thought I write this with the intention to apologize to all for that weakness of mine and to commend people for their sincerity and friendliness.

The genuine joyful expressions on Sister P's face keep playing in my head. Subhanallah, I wish I had her honesty! As usual, feeling lost and wearing a blur look, I muttered: "Did we meet in Melaka?" Hah hah apparently she had dropped an email through this space and she's from Perlis. How's that?

And Sister R is another amazing person. She too is a brilliant face identifier. We met at Masjid Al-Falah and the best part was, she could still recognize me when I don a niqab for fun, once at Masjid Sultan Salahuddin. A bunch of friends just walked past me!

Sister L: we met at the screening of Fez City of Saints. Thanks for saying hi. A friend of hers remembered meeting me at Hol Habib Noh, but I forgot her. I am terribly sorry : (

And this other sister who called my name at Ba'alawi KL but I had no idea who she was. She was kind enough to want to share her Qasidah Burdah book. Thank you!

And there were several other sisters too. I am sorry I am not as good as you. I have got a poor pictorial memory.

May Allah bless all of you for being bighearted and for being a people person wanting to establish silaturahmi. I shall remain your servant-reporter for as long as I can, for as long as Allah permits insha Allah.



No comments:

Post a Comment