Saturday, January 21, 2017

Borrowed gifts

Bismillah.

A couple of days ago I met a super gifted senior citizen who is a maestro in his field. In the beginning of his involvement in his craft, he had learned from a legendary multi-talented Malaysian artist, the late Tan Sri P. Ramlee. This person, despite his colorful achievements, spoke with great humility. And needless to say, I was deeply humbled that he agreed to guide and teach me as much as he could! Allah Kareem! He emphasized these facts that we all know, but to hear him utter from the bottom of his soul, left me even more humbled. He said: "I am nothing. We are nothing. Everything good that we have in our hands, comes from Allah. Had he not helped us, had he not facilitated every single thing for us, we could do nothing. I will teach you. Knowledge must be shared."

MashaAllah tabarakallah!

Certainly, all the good stuffs that we have in our brain, in our hands, all that is with us, all are borrowed gifts. Someone I know pretty well, has had to remove his right leg today. A friend, a colleague who's a hard working single mother of four teenage kids, passed away today. I hope this friend of mine will enter her grave and find it as a heavenly abode. Amin.



.

No comments:

Post a Comment